Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

On this day 237 years ago, the 13 American colonies came together to sign The Declaration of Independence, and thus giving birth to The United States of America. We as a nation have so much to be thankful for on this day! July 4th is not all about the fireworks and the BBQ, but more about the sacrifices that were made on this day in 1776.

I for one feel truly blessed to be apart of such a great country, and have the freedoms I enjoy on a daily  basis. I'm not saying America is perfect, because that is far from the truth, but I do think the people of this nation are lucky to call The United States home. This is not my typical post, but I thought for this one day we can all sit back relax and enjoy the moment. Lets not worry about work, or finding a new job, or even the interview we have first thing in the morning. Today we can enjoy our family, friends, neighbors, and all fellow Americans.

Sometimes we get lost in the pursuit of happiness, but because of the Nation we live in, we can course correct and take another stab at it tomorrow.  Happiness in this life is not guaranteed, but we as Americans all do have the right to pursue it.

I know for me, happiness is much different from the next person, and it comes in the form of my family.  My wife, my daughter, my son, and my third child who is on the way. Today I am not worried about work, but I am feeling blessed to be an American. Pray for me that I don't burn my house down with fireworks!

God Bless America & Happy 4th of July!!

R3F

No comments:

Post a Comment